Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wanted

Wanted
Starring James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman
Rating: B+

So for this post I'm doing the action movie Wanted. I remember going to this movie with my brother and a couple friends. As I'm walking out I'm think, "Wow that was a pretty good movie", and I remember hearing some of my friends saying, "It was decent, but I hated the ending." I look over at my brother, who thinks a lot like me, and I can tell that he's definitely thinking the same thing. We're both sitting there thinking, "How the hell else did you want that movie to end?" I mean the main reason I really liked this movie was because it didn't try to be anything that it wasn't. I wanted to ask my friends, "What did you want? A realistic ending? Did you want a tearjerker? Did you want a happy ending?" I mean as far as realistic goes, they fucking curve bullets so throw that out the window. I mean the movie followed a certain code through the whole thing and you wanted something else out of it? It was a cheesy action flick that completely stuck with the shoot 'em up attitude it started with. The last line, "What the fuck have you done lately", went exactly with the rest of the movie. They take a nobody off the street and turn him into a super assassin in order to kill the man who killed his father. He goes through crazy training and then he ends up killing that man, who turns out to be his actual father, and then turns on the entire other group of super assassins. So what the fuck have you done lately? Basically that quote is the movie in a nutshell and yeah the perfect ending.

As far as performances go, James McAvoy gives a very good performance nobody turned super assassin, Angelina Jolie gives a solid performance as his mentor, and Morgan Freeman is Morgan Freeman so you know what you're getting. The plot sticks to what it is supposed to and that's one of the things that really sold this movie to me. This movie, for me, definitely earns it's B+ rating and as long as you don't go in thinking you're going to get an Oscar winning film I'm pretty sure it will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment